Marcom Cross-Functional Localization Producer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Our Localization team is responsible for transcreation of all Apple marketing communications worldwide. We plan, facilitate and lead global localization efforts that support key product launches both in Cupertino and in regional GEO offices. We build and maintain a premier launch and campaign localization engine and drive the global rollout of localization/ workflow management tools.
- A minimum of 9-15 years proven experience in an international marketing environment with responsibilities for multiple regions; experience working with a global marketing or advertising agency preferred.
- Previous experience of handling linguistic assets and localization workflow is a requirement.
- Understanding of Localization tools is required.
- Proactive planner, who is forward thinking, well organized, and has an obsession for details.
- Highly demonstrated project management skills including scope management, resource planning, task tracking, and budget management.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and able to set expectations across large international teams.
- Demonstrated track record of leading localization across multiple marketing groups that may include interactive, email, channel, video, retail and social.
- Thrives in a creative, fast-paced environment and is calm under pressure.
- Deep experience in using presentation and spreadsheet tools, specifically Keynote and Numbers.
Our team plans and leads global localization efforts throughout the year and facilitates key product launch localization both in Cupertino and in GEOs. We build and maintain an extraordinary localization engine supporting the evolving needs of Marcom. We are responsible for Geo communications related to all aspects of localization activities and the successful global rollout of localization and workflow management tools. Focus Areas Localization Planning Drive localization planning, scheduling and resourcing from a cross-product / cross-Geo perspective. Work with WW teams to scope the volume of deliverables and content requirements. Ensure clear communication of these requirements to Geo Ops and functional teams. Ensure Marcom localization efforts are increasingly efficient and serve the broader priorities of Marcom. Provide infrastructure support for localization sessions to ensure security and confidentiality of the assets. Localization session management and execution Coordinate global teams during localization activities, acting as the conductor and integrator across all teams. Facilitate workshop briefings and check-ins, tracking actions and representing Geo needs amongst WW teams. Track workshop scope and volume parameters to ensure deliverables are on time, and call out strategic prioritization where needed. Track project budgets against scope and provide ongoing updates to LT and Ops. Own and resolve challenges associated with scope changes by partnering closely with functional teams such as AOS, DCM, XF Channel, Interactive and others. Ensure adequate capabilities and resources are planned to deliver the launch localization activities. Continuous improvement Run hindsight meetings with WW and Geo teams after each localization session to continuously strive for excellence. Help develop and maintain a database of deliverables to track volume and scope to enhance forecasting (resources and budget) for future work. Ensure transparent flow of information to extended teams in order to align on priorities. Global rollout of localization / workflow tools Support WW Technical Project leads to capture business requirements for tools to aid world class localization and workflow management across regional teams. Define workflows and evangelize standard methodologies for localization. Assist with system rollouts, ensuring localization workflow integration across tools.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree and certifications in applicable fields is a plus.