AI/ML - Software Engineer, Engineering Efficiency
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Join us on the AIML/Siri Engineering Efficiency team! We’re looking for a software engineer to contribute to the design and implementation of our foundational development tooling. You will work on implementing and improving tools, automation and processes around how we build, test and deliver Siri!
- 5-10 years of engineering experience in software development, DevOps, or roles related to software build, test and delivery.
- Strong programming/scripting skills. We deal with multiple languages; experience in Java, Kotlin, Swift or Python is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of CI/CD. Experience with source control systems such as GitHub or Bitbucket, and continuous integration systems like TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Expert skills in troubleshooting, debugging, and analyzing issues in all layers of the software stack, as well as recommending and implementing solutions.
- Broad knowledge of computer science and systems; ability to quickly learn new domains.
- Deep passion for building end-to-end processes and services that bring efficiency and quality to software teams.
- Enthusiastically initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships. Excellent communicator.
You and your teammates will drive the future technical direction of the tools that enable the entire engineering team to efficiently ship products. This role enables you to build your knowledge of the technology stack for iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, with a particular emphasis on AIML/Siri. You will work on everything from the way we develop and test, through to the delivery of the software to end users. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on both internal Apple engineers and the billions of users who use our products. Join our team to help create the next generation platform that unlocks new ways of developing, testing and releasing software. In addition to the Key Qualifications above, any expertise or exposure to these technologies is a plus: - Developing and deploying services using Docker and Kubernetes - Build systems such as Gradle and Xcode build - Applicable development using Spring and persistence frameworks such as Spring Data JPA - Code quality systems such as SonarQube and Swiftlint - Debugging distributed systems using the Unix command line and spelunking through logs using Splunk Tell us what your expertise is and what you know. If you are excited about the processes and tooling for developing and delivering software, we’d love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.