Occupational Health Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
The Apple Environment, Health & Safety team is looking for an experienced Occupational Health physician to join a multifaceted organization committed to protecting the health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products!
- At least 10 years of occupational health experience; international experience preferred
- Experience developing and implementing evidence-based occupational health programs in corporate, research, and manufacturing environments
- Proven experience spanning toxicology, ergonomics, psychosocial risk factors, hearing, respiratory, vision, infectious diseases and reproductive health.
- Proven experience in identification and assessment of occupational hazards to worker health.
- Experience in development and support of fitness-for-duty programs.
- Able to conduct research into work-related health issues and synthesize findings into clear recommendations
- Experience with global injury reporting requirements (OSHA, RIDDOR, etc)
- Analytical approach with the ability to collect and interpret data to measure effectiveness of programs
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented and organized
This position is responsible for leading all aspects of Apple’s global occupational health efforts from a clinical perspective, including the following: • Be responsible for the technical aspects of the Respiratory Protection Program, Hearing Conservation Program, Vision Conservation Program, Reproductive Health, Infection Control, Bloodborne Pathogen Programs and Psych-social risk and chemical exposure assessments. • Advising on occupational health law and ethics in locations where Apple does business. • Assist in the planning and re-engineering of work process with regard to health and safety. • Partner with Health, Benefits, Wellness Center and other key partners to understand drivers of workplace-related injuries (e.g. ergonomics, hearing) and develop preventative and educational programs. • Lead all aspects of global medical examination programs for hazard based pre-employment /in processing evaluations, baseline health examinations, fitness-for-duty, return to work, short and long term disability and disability retirement examinations. • Review and support worker injury/illness cases to provide medical opinion and guide next steps for support and corrective actions. • Evaluate workplace incidents and develop an ongoing care plan and measures to avert future events. • Support/lead the prevention and management (vaccination and travel advice) of health issues related to international travel. • Run regulatory and company-mandated medical surveillance programs for Apple employees globally.
Education & Experience
• Must be Board Certified in Occupational Health, Residency in Occupational Health and board certified in Occupational Health.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.