Engineering Program Manager - Touch
San Diego, California, United States
In this critical, highly visible role, you will manage projects involving the design, integration and launch of cutting-edge Imaging & Sensing technologies for world-renowned Apple products including iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation touch, optical and motion sensing technologies. The Imaging & Sensing Technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and cutting edge technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet!
- Strong engineering background with preference towards those with solid EE background
- Knowledge of Touch and/or Sensor technologies considered a plus
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate tradeoffs between engineering design, manufacturability, schedule and cost.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to fit in well with new teams, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a collaborative environment
- Limited international travel may be required
Lead cross-functional teams including Electrical, Mechanical, Process, Reliability and Firmware Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions Define the program plan/schedule and manage program execution Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication Manage development budgets and engineering development builds leading to mass production Manage multiple overseas suppliers and vendors in preparation for, and execution of, engineering development builds Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently Work with the cross functional teams to identify and mitigate program risks Efficiently and effectively react to unexpected changes in the program due to outside influences and/or issues that arise. Improve the system: look for patterns, offer best practices and implement change
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or greater with 3+ years industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required.