Hardware System Integration Engineer - Motor controls
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple ISG (Intelligent Systems Group) we develop groundbreaking devices with complex software, sensors and hardware. You will play a key role in designing and developing the hardware for these systems and should be comfortable both in a rapid prototyping effort as well as a production grade hardware development. Specific focus for this role will be around system lower power inverter design, controls compute and encoder integration. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 4+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in hardware development
- Expertise in hardware design for embedded applications including the following: Inverter design; Encoder integration; Controls embedded compute development
- Strong working knowledge of Signal Integrity and Power Integrity
- Strong working knowledge of best practices for PCB/flex layout and construction
- Experience in taking designs through manufacturing
- Experience with bring-up, debug, and validation of digital designs
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters
In this role, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate hardware systems for future Apple products. The position requires the ability for independent precise detail design work as well as high level system understanding. Also required are excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. - Prototyping proof of concepts - Ownership of electrical designs - Schematic creation and layout responsibility - Bringup and debug - Hardware validation
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in EE - Minimum of 4 years of hands on industry experience, preferably in a consumer electronics environment.