Sr. Business Operations Manager, Wallet & Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Apple Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to our products. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking and creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple Pay is the leading mobile payments platform for in-store and online payments, and Apple Card has been the most successful credit card launch in history. And we’re just getting started. Join the Apple Pay Wallet and Payments Operations team, working within our organization to understand, develop and improve our processes to support our customers, and measure our impact on the experience. In this role you will help us define our future vision, build operational capabilities, and drive launch readiness of new features. In addition, you will work closely with cross functional teams, such as Product, Marketing, Retail, AppleCare, and Engineering teams. We’re looking for a credit reporting and financial regulatory operations subject-matter expert to join the Apple Card and Apple Cash Operations team. This person will be responsible for partnering with external and internal teams to develop and improve processes and procedures for complaints and critical issues management. You should have significant experience in financial services delivery and operations, building complaints programs, managing blocking issues, servicing, and communication. This role is full-time and is located in Austin, TX.
- Experience in the Financial services industry, retail banking, credit card and complaint management related operations experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of complaints and issues handling, regulatory requirements for complaints program, and regulatory reporting
- Subject matter expertise in credit card complaints intake, servicing and handling processes and regulations, including systems and workflows
- Ability to triage problems, root cause issues quickly and provide appropriate responses to customers, internal teams, partners and regulators
- Ability to lead case work, queues and SLAs. Conduct trend based complaints monitoring, support management and operational reporting
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and get results in a new space
- Passion for digging deep into a subject matter area
- Ability to collaborate with different teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level/executive communication abilities
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and unpredictable work environment
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and distill key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Ability to deliver large scale projects on-time with consistently successful results while working across departments and time zones
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization
- High level of proficiency crafting high impact presentations using Keynote (or MS PowerPoint) to clearly articulate solutions
- Knowledge of Numbers (or Microsoft Excel) is preferred
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
In this role, it is important that you develop a strong working relationship with each of your partners. You should be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. You will work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, to improve the quality of our services and efficiency and scalability of our operations. Drive efficiency of our payments products servicing work-streams to ensure outstanding customer service and support. Develop and drive improvements across internal and external partners to create best-in-class operational experiences through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach. Collaborate with Apple Card and Apple Cash partners to improve customer experiences through exceptional and timely complaints and escalated issues handling. Establish empathetic and prompt customer resolution techniques and provide insights through trend monitoring. Run operational readiness of new features or policy changes. Lead regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and business reviews. Engage with colleagues across cross-functional teams to identify integration points and dependencies, and developing high level solution proposals for these integrations. Effectively handle partners, subject matter authorities, executives and other internal groups through effective written and verbal communication Lead change Role requires 15-20% travel in future.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Business, Finance, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or a relevant post graduate degree is a plus. Minimum 7+ years of professional experience required.