Senior Wireless Systems MAC-PHY Integration & Bringup Expert
San Diego, California, United States
Do you like to work on ground breaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for excellence to work towards an extraordinary result? Envision what you could do here! At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! As a Wireless Systems MAC-PHY Integration and Validation Professional, you will be a core member of our highly innovative and visible Wireless System-on-Chip (SoC) design team that defines modem architectures, develops PHY algorithms, and invents embedded DSP algorithms for chips enabling exciting new wireless applications. One emphasis of your specific role will be Radio-PHY-MAC interfaces expertise, which involves protocols and algorithms, infrastructure and workflows for the successful integration of our wireless products. In addition, you will be responsible for specialized PHY system validation flows which involve lab equipment, specialized test scripts and characterization. Application areas our team is involved with is include ultra-wideband sensing and specialized Bluetooth; products enabled or improved by our team’s SoC’s include specialized audio headsets (such as AirPods) and iPhones.
- ~5 years of expertise in Wireless Communications, wireless chip development, lab flows for chip bringup, MAC/PHY and system level integration & validation
- Proven grasp of complex wireless systems with strong capability to comprehend dependencies between system components and protocol layers and their interactions
- Experience in lab FPGA/silicon bring-up, PHY/RF/MAC testing and debugging and usage of lab equipment
- Extensive hands-on SW programming skills for simulation of sophisticated systems from RF/PHY layer signals, MAC protocol/networking simulations and lab automation test scripts; corresponding proficiency with Matlab/C/C++/Python required
- Experience with handling and processing large amounts of field and lab data, including user-friendly visualization of complex test setup results, measurement accuracies, system latencies, etc.
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in wireless systems
- Experience with and/or knowledge of industry standards such as Bluetooth, Ultra-Wideband, GPS, and/or other wireless protocols
Work closely with other PHY systems, analog and digital designers, and MAC FW & SW Engineers in above areas to ensure that functional and performance interface details between the aforementioned entities are accounted for. Test, verify and be the direct point of contact for interface aspects, in such areas. Architect, design and implement specialized PHY system validation setups and flows, devise test plans and post process mass amounts of data to capture performances and identify and root cause system inefficiencies.
Education & Experience
MSEE or BSC with focus on Dig. Comm’s & Signal Proc., or equivalent.