R2R Tax&GL Accountant
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do your life’s best work here now. With the whole world watching. The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) team partners with Apple’s business across Greater China, including Retail, Sales, Operations, R&D and Services. In addition to supporting transactional and financial reporting processes, GBS’ access to data across customers and functions provides a strategic platform to uncover trends and patterns to enhance financial controls and compliance, operational efficiency and business insights and performance. We look for individuals with not only solid technical skills but also the right balance of operational excellence, problem solving and strategic thinking to support the growth of Apple in Greater China. We are now seeking a high-caliber Record to Report (R2R) Tax Accountant to join our Shanghai-based team to play a pivotal role in building an extraordinary Global Business Solutions center, focused on developing a compliance governance framework to support Apple’s businesses in Greater China. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- 5 to 8 years of related commercial working experience, with at least 2 years in a vibrant and evolving business environment. A combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills and previous experience in US GAAP, local GAAP, and IFRS accounting and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Greater China statutory and tax filing requirements.
- Experience collaborating in a matrix environment with the ability to influence without necessarily having positional power.
- Mature, responsible, self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills with a good command of English and Chinese in both written and spoken forms.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with intellectual curiosity and a passion for business process excellence.
- Experience with SAP is an advantage.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining compliance with Apple Finance policies, generally accepted accounting principles and local regulatory requirements throughout the end-to-end financial and tax reporting process. The candidate will navigate the broader organization and collaborate closely with various functions within the region. COMPLIANCE - Ensure deliverables that align with key performance metrics and service level agreements. Make improvements to address any exceptions identified. - Perform accounting activities including the month-, quarter- and year-end close to ensure timely and accurate compliance with Apple policies, US GAAP and local GAAP requirements. - Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and deadlines by following the statutory filings and tax filings processes. - Prepare periodic Balance Sheet Reconciliation and properly account for related operational costs and ax provisions. - Collaborate with Corporate Tax and external consultants to analyze tax audit issues, provide recommendations and drive resolution of any tax audit findings. - Ensure proper documentation on tax and accounting positions, procedures and controls are in place. - Ensure compliance with SOX and internal controls governing assigned areas. - Acting as a key point of contact with in-charge tax authorities, statutory auditors, and external advisers. PROJECTS AND BUSINESS EXPANSION - Participate in business transition and expansion projects. - Make recommendations to support new business models or changes to existing business models in the region. - In project implementation, execute test scripts for User Acceptance Test to ensure system meet requirements as designed (provide quality assurance).
Education & Experience
Degree in accounting, finance or business administration Full accounting or finance qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, CICPA, CMA) and knowledge of US GAAP, PRC GAAP and IFRS
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.