Senior SAP Retail Systems Analyst
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record will prove critical to your success on our team. SAP Business Systems Analyst is a position within the corporate Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) SAP team and this position will be key to our SAP Retail application space. You are self-directed and motivated with strong SAP IS Retail and SAP R/3 business process and configuration experience. You will be required to have both business process skills as well as technical leadership skills, to be able to design and implement secure, scalable and balanced solutions. It also requires the skill to build process flows, functional specifications and work with both onsite and offshore resources to build and test solutions, solve problems and resolve issues in dynamic situations to meet timelines and present solutions to multiple levels of management! This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who has the talent to own and drive initiatives and a passion to work in a highly integrated global solution platform. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in CS Engineering or related field and 5-7 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience in job offered or related position
- SAP Implementation Knowledge in SD and MM is highly desired
- SAP Retail knowledge will be highly beneficial
- Experience leading SAP projects, prioritizing work and overseeing multiple projects in parallel
- You have a consistent track record of successfully delivering projects on time, working with various internal and external teams
- Prior consulting and or professional services experience is helpful
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and solutions in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Passionate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in running a global and diverse team
- Ability to drive the project forward with a sense of urgency
- Strong written communication skills including business and functional requirements, management level presentations and proposals presentation
- Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills, in addition to the ability to deal optimally with ambiguity and drive consensus with key constituents
The successful candidate will work along side Apple teams across regions, as well as external payments partners and other 3rd parties. Much of this interaction will be with regional and global teams in other locations and other time zones, so excellent communication and collaboration skills are key. The role includes responsibility for all aspects of a project including: The role will require strong influence and persuasion skills along with excellent configuration and development skills in order to seamlessly integrate SAP Retail and front end solutions. Work closely with Point of Sale (POS), Data Warehouse, ABAP, Basis and other teams during design and implementation of SAP Retail functionalities to support Apple Retail Business. Supporting the business during requirements gathering to understand the needs of the project. Level of effort and scoping, including careful management of change requests. Creating and handling the project plan, deliverables, dependencies, risks and mitigation plan. Ensuring project scope is clearly defined and resources, budget and timeline are adequate to deliver the required solution. Driving the functional and technical gap analysis. Driving scalable and flexible designs, ensuring adherence to global design principals, security and compliance standards, as well as documentation standards. Design governance and solution architecture in a sophisticated payments landscape. Issue tracking and driving issue resolution across teams. Status reporting within the team and upwards to various management groups. Ensuring adequate test cycles are defined and executed to support a smooth production launch. Leading cutover and implementation activities across multiple teams. Tracking issues and handling scope of changes during warranty support to ensure a successful handover to the production support team.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Shown ability to complete multiple tasks in exciting circumstances without direct supervision.
- Excellent planner and team leader
- Superb communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience or exposure to SAP MM and SD integration and configuration within ECC and SAP IS Retail
- Experience with implementing Web Based applications using SAP Portal landscape
- High Tech proven experience
- SOH or S/4 HANA experience with be an added advantage