AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Understanding (Private Learning)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is deployed to hundreds of millions of devices worldwide helping our users with their daily tasks, just by asking. We, the Private learning team in the Siri Understanding org are on a mission to take Siri to the next level of intelligence while preserving privacy of our users. We believe every user interaction with Siri is an opportunity to learn, we also believe Privacy is a fundamental human right — we are looking for talented machine learning engineers to help us make Siri more intelligent and personal by learning from user interactions without compromising their privacy.
- Expertise in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills (Python or equivalent)
- Self-starter, shown ability to deliver multiple projects to strict deadlines
The goal of the Private Learning Team is to take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced ML and statistical techniques. We work on a wide spectrum of approaches to improving Siri. You would work on core machine learning algorithms and models that are part of Siri’s ability to understand and respond to requests. You would also work on building scalable distributed systems to deliver these models to Siri’s users and iterate on them. You should be passionate about building extraordinary products and embrace privacy (which is central to all of what we do). This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation. This is a rare opportunity that sits at the state of the art of machine learning and software.
Education & Experience
Master’s in Computer Science or PhD (preferred).
- - Prior experience on online learning, on-device ML, Private federated learning, Differential privacy.
- - Prior experience with applying Big Data (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig, Spark) tools to large quantities of textual data
- - Prior experience shipping ML-based projects to production and delivering significant impact to users.
- - A strong track of publication record in ML/Privacy/NLP/Speech