Technical Program Manager - Strategic Data Solutions
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team leads efforts to mitigate monetary losses, optimize various business processes, and improve the customer journey across Retail (online and stores), Operations, ApplePay, and AppleCare. Our team applies data science and machine learning to drive strategic impact across multiple lines of business at Apple and helps realize business opportunity by balancing operational trade-offs. You will design and/or develop solutions for strategic, complex, and cross-functional problems that do not neatly align under a particular business line. Projects are strategic in nature, requiring a strong understanding of current processes, systems, policies, and future direction. You will oversee a global portfolio of projects, and be responsible for all aspects of project information, to include timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope, and definition.
- Experience as a program manager, product manager, and/or project manager in a data science/machine learning environment
- Understanding of how to build, manage, lead and inspire multi-department cross-functional teams to deliver large-scale international projects
- Exceptional program and project management skills
- Exceptionally strong influence and communication skills (written and verbal), especially at the executive level
- Must be highly autonomous and comfortable working in an ambiguous, continually-changing environment
- Able to respond and adapt to the needs of a highly matrixed organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect and develop strong partnerships
- Passionate about customer experience and what we can do to improve it
- Discipline to work autonomously and independently make key decisions on projects
- Creativity to go beyond current processes to deliver the best solution to the problem
- Inquisitiveness and a desire for continued self-improvement and development of new skills
- Ability to tell meaningful stories with data
• Organize and lead program and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization • Identify new business opportunities and develop solutions that balance impact, cost, resourcing, timeline, likelihood of success, and analytic risk • Develop a budget and operating plan for the program and/or organization • Develop partnerships with key business leaders and executives across a variety of teams at Apple • Provide consistent updates to leadership and executives, making communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions needed to be made • Build business cases and project plans • Manage capital projects • Manage business critical metrics across the organization • Complete knowledge transfer to SDS program teams and business teams based on newly added capabilities and/or functionality implemented during projects • Develop evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors required. MBA/BS/MS in technical field (math, statistics, engineering, computer science, analytics, or similar) preferred.