Product Design Producer, Subscriptions and Commerce
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. The Commerce and Subscriptions Design Team develops new products and works on features to grow existing services, and the subscriptions ecosystem for developers. We are seeking an enthusiastic Design Producer to support the Subscriptions and Commerce product design team. Often supporting multiple concurrent projects, across the various products, the Design Producer will work closely with design, business, marketing, engineering, and stakeholder teams. In collaboration with their partners they will work to clarify project requirements, define design goals and strategy, lead and facilitate design reviews, and represent design in cross-functional forums to ensure a quality launch of the final feature. With Design at the heart of Apple and the work that we do, the Design Producer will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. This individual has a passion for commerce systems, growing services, and a thorough knowledge of today’s landscape.
- 5+ years as a producer in software design, digital or creative agency experience preferred.
- Experience leading and driving consumer facing design initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of UX/UI ideation, execution, and delivery processes.
- Thorough understanding of desktop and native mobile design best practices.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Keynote and Numbers.
- Basic Sketch and/or Photoshop knowledge.
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers.
- A passion for commerce systems and growth.
We believe design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. And the design team is at the creative core of the Product & Design team. The Design Producer will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. We strive for a strong eye and passion for design with a strong attention to detail, being resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive outlook. This is a fast-paced team focused on complex design challenges. This position works closely with the services design teams for products like Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Arcade, Apple News, and Apple Pay. Responsibilities: - Manage cross functional relationships and partnerships while representing design team. - Lead design brainstorms and workshops. - Run meetings and design reviews. - Gather key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes. - Track and report project health on a weekly basis, including communicating status and impending or projected results. - Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and an aggressive schedule. - Ensure timely handoff of design specs to engineering. - Review builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation. - Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.