Firmware Software Development Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. The mission of the WiFi Technology team - Create the world’s best WiFi experience and most innovative use cases by inventing and improving state-of-the-art technologies. We develop cutting-edge WiFi technologies and ecosystems that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Mac products, HomePod, and more! New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. Are you in for these challenges? Join us! We are looking for a forward-thinking, self-confident, experienced firmware manager to design, develop & launch next-generation WiFi technologies in Apple products.
- 10+ years of proven excellence in FW development, with deep understanding of ARM architecture and RTOS concepts
- 5+ years leading a FW development team, with track record of managing and delivering large scale SW products
- In-depth understanding and strong hands-on experience on 802.11 technologies and standards
- Strong experience in system-level design and development of radio co-existence (e.g., WiFi and BT co-ex) in embedded devices
- Proficient understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Succeed in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
As a manager, you will lead a best-in-class team to play a significant part in the development of WiFi products and ecosystems by engaging in a very collaborative, rapidly changing environment, wherein you will be required to work effectively and laser-focused in spite of ambiguity and dynamics in the requirements. Due to the multi-functional nature of the technology, the ideal candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work well with a large variety of people from organizations within and external to Apple. The candidate needs to show initiative, take ownership of the product, and assume responsibility for leading all the related aspects that need to be coordinated to achieve success. In addition to your technical leadership thru close collaboration with x-functional partners, your key areas of responsibilities also include to - Coordinate with your engineering team and the program management team - Make strategic technical product decisions that positively affect the engineering team’s ability to deliver embedded technologies - Provide employees career-development opportunities and maintain an ongoing constructive feedback loop with them - Inspire innovation and technical growth in your employees through hands-on mentoring and encouragement
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Masters Degree is preferred.