Sr. Data Scientist, News Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We’re idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards forward-thinking, creative thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. Does an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining our team! The News Engineering team is looking for an outstanding Data Scientist who will focus on applied research, exploratory analysis and development of innovative components to grow engagement of users, specifically in the areas of predictive behavior and life cycle analytics.
- You have superb coding skills and hands-on experience with Big Data
- You are proficient in writing code in one of the following languages: C++, R, Java, Python, Perl, in addition to Hadoop experience (MapReduce, Hive, Spark SQL), and SQL
- You have strong product intuition, data analysis skills, as well as business presentation skills to share your findings
- You work comfortably with large sets of data using cutting edge tools
- You have knowledge and experience in implementing and developing customer life cycle predictive models, data structures and interactive tools to improve product
- You are delivery-oriented, able to lead and execute modeling efforts from start to finish
- In this role you will own the customer life cycle predictive modeling function, and you are self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Above all, we are seeking a phenomenal teammate with excellent interpersonal skills, and a self starter
You will be faced with a variety of problems to solve, and you will be equipped with strong analytical and quantitative skills to take on these of challenges in sophisticated environments. Your creativity and critical thinking skills will be put to good use, deconstructing problems and transforming your insights into data backed recommendations. In this role, you will perform the following: - Design, develop and manage big data-driven predictive models to improve user engagement using the latest technologies in machine learning, user pattern recognition, and data modeling. - Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to user behavior signals. - Identify new engagement patterns through data mining - Conduct hypothesis driven exploratory analysis, build feature engineering, design the best structure, and select the most appropriate modeling techniques from a variety of machine learning models. - Develop, validate, and maintain advanced lifecycle events based predictive models, tools and other capabilities. - Collaborate with product, engineering, business, and science groups to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data mining techniques. - Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using tools such as Spark SQL. - Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior management.
Education & Experience
Minimum of Masters degree in the field of Computer Science, Statistics, Predictive Analytics, or Applied Mathematics, PhD preferred. Minimum of 5 years of Data Science experience is required.