Instrumentation & Hardware Electrical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The Instrumentation and Test technology team architects and designs the best-in-class Test and Measurement Instruments. The team is a collaborative group of creative and smart people developing highly complex and sophisticated Test and Measurement equipment to support the testing of our world-class products. This individual will play a key role in defining, architecting, specifying, designing, validating, and developing Test and Measurement Instruments to support our consumer product bringup, characterization, ramp, and production.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of PCB and FPGA development experience.
- Experience in end-to-end PCB and FPGA development.
- Hardware engineering knowledge in analog and digital design. Knowledge in Op-amps, filters, ADC/DAC converters, and power supply design.
- Experience in FPGA architecture, RTL/Verilog, STA, testbench validation, regression testing, power analysis, system validation, and revision control.
- Experience in MCU Firmware architecture, coding, simulations, regression testing, power analysis, system validation, and revision control.
- Fundamental knowledge in software development for purpose of debugging hardware.
- STM32F7 MCU firmware development knowledge desirable.
- MIPI protocol experience is desirable.
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process.
- Able to understand and perform statistical data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successfully completed designs that have gone into production.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Able to make international travel to Asia 10% of the time.
- Background with Touch or Sensing Technology is preferred but not required.
This individual will play a key role in the lifecycle of PCB and FPGA electronics within our instrumentation systems. You will be responsible for: • Developing PCBs using our world-class tools and processes. • PCB requirements, architecture, design, simulations, prototype, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. • FPGA requirements, architecture, design, simulations, prototype, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. • MCU Firmware requirements, architecture, design, simulations, prototype, bringup, validation, characterization, and release to production. • Resolving PCB and FPGA engineering and production issues with external vendors. • Preparing and delivering presentations. • Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking. • Collaborating with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in EE or CE