Senior Data Scientist - Applied Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to work on solving real world problems where we surprise and delight users ? Do you want to work on building groundbreaking technologies in natural language understanding and personalization? At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Applied Machine Learning Data Science team in Apple is a group of innovative data scientists from diverse disciplines with extensive track records in both academia and industry. Data Scientists of the team work on many high-impact projects, building state of the art machine learning models that serve various Apple lines of business and enrich end user experiences. Join us and you will have the opportunity to do groundbreaking applied machine learning work that will shape the industry. As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll develop cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to enable current and future products and services in fields of natural language processing, information retrieval and recommendation.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more of the following: deep learning and traditional ML modeling in NLP, information retrieval, recommendation and personalization systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in algorithm design, modeling, or quantitative analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with big data systems (e.g., Spark and Hadoop) with TB to PB scale datasets.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience implementing end-to-end data science and machine learning projects. Python is strongly preferred.
- Experience with deep learning framework such as Pytorch, TensorFlow and Keras
- Experience with optimization, approximation algorithms, distributed algorithm design, and hands-on implementation of these techniques.
- A background in computer science, information science, or similar quantitative field. Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reshaped entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Applied Machine Learning if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. The Sr Data Scientist will work on large-scale data sets with intensive hand-on code development. This role require addressing business problems and questions using statistical and machine learning techniques thereby achieve business goals and KPI's. In addition, the role requires close partnering with business teams in articulating the research methodologies and results. The role also requires collaboration with engineering teams in integrating and deploying machine learning models to deliver amazing user experiences. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team. We are in need of a creative thinker with deep expertise in machine learning, algorithms, and optimization. You will work with amazing colleagues, brainstorm new ideas, and develop models and algorithms to solve challenging problems that have a substantial impact.
Education & Experience
PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or related field.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.