Senior Cloud Operations Engineer - Apple Cloud Technologies
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Sr. Cloud Engineer to focus on troubleshooting and help migrating customers to the cloud. Our team is responsible for providing 3rd party cloud as a platform as a service. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in designing, deploying and troubleshooting cloud based infrastructure and services. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, distributed systems, operations, security concepts, and cloud technologies. Understanding on boarding and migration challenges that new users experience is a key focus for this role. Given that the cloud space is constantly evolving, drive to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Alibaba Cloud.)
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration services, including Kubernetes.
- Strong skills with trouble shooting technology stacks.
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management, orchestration and infrastructure as code techniques.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python/Go/Ruby/Perl for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST).
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills - must be capable of effectively engaging and leading interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
Our team provides 3rd party cloud as a platform as a service, we help customers migrate their services to Cloud-Native in the form of AWS, GCP and Alibaba Cloud. Our customers are heavy users of Kubernetes in several forms such EKS, GKE and custom developed solutions. Familiarity around containerizations and K8s is a must. While the technology stack you will be working with has it’s core in AWS & GCP, it will be moving and will expose you to new exciting areas so the ability to learn and pick up new tech is key.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 8 + years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments.
- Experience with production services in GCP - Google Cloud Platform, AWS - Amazon Web Services or AliCloud.