Applied Scientist – Advanced Analytics Team, Worldwide Business Process Re-Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Experience understanding key performance levers and metrics to highlight operational issues and drive improvement. Proven history of designing and developing in-depth analytical solutions
- Practical experience solving real world problems and expert understanding of predictive modeling and algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Familiarity with optimization algorithms and tools (Gurobi/ Cplex/ Xpress) is a plus
- Innate curiosity and bias for action with expert ability to identify, define and execute project plans and develop modeling approaches suitable for the problem
- Self-sufficient with an ability to thrive in an environment of autonomy amidst ambiguity. Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Sound communication skills - adept at messaging domain and technical content, at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Phenomenal team player - invested in the collective success of the team and project outcomes
- Experience with data acquisition tools (e.g. SQL), data mining and data visualization. Familiarity with big data technologies eg: Hadoop, Spark, Hive. Strong background in machine learning libraries and frameworks such as Scikit Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Experience prototyping, developing software and implementing data science pipelines and applications in programming languages (Python/Java/C++)
The WW Sales and Operations Advanced Analytics team is looking for an experienced Applied Scientist with deep passion for analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple and its customers. At Apple, the increasing supply chain complexity and scale presents unique challenges to traditional analytics techniques. You will be part of a small team of experts responsible for designing and developing advanced analytics models for strategic and tactical decision-making. Key responsibilities include: - Engage with business teams to identify opportunities, understand requirements, translate those requirements into technical solutions and drive critical projects - Design data science approach, applying tried-and-true techniques or developing custom algorithms as needed by the business problem - Collaborate with data engineers and infrastructure partners to implement robust solutions and operationalize models. Enhance and evolve solutions to meet changing business needs with agility. - - Work collaboratively across teams - Communicate results of analyses and models to partners and senior leaders - Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team
Education & Experience
PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research or a related field and 2+ years of industry experience OR MS in related field with 4+ years hands-on industry experience Experience in forecasting, CVML and/or NLP is a plus Experience in building large scale execution models under uncertainty is desired