Boulder, Colorado, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Opto-mechanical Engineer to join Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team.
- Strong lab skills in designing, building and running experiments with precision optical instruments/setups
- Experience with precision opto-mechanical systems with a strong understanding of how environmental factors influence optical system performance (ie. interferometers, lasers, optical metrology systems)
- CAD skills to layout and document lab experiments
- Ability to develop and execute cohesive strategies to understand difficult problems, perform root cause analysis and develop mitigation strategies
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology development prototype assembly line
The position will span the technological space between research and product development. We are seeking scientific problem solvers who can develop novel methods for display applications and transfer to common practical implementation. The successful candidate will be responsible for working to identify and develop fabrication methods in the area of diffractive optics. Responsibilities will span working with the team to identify relevant experiments, drafting test-plans, designing, prototyping and building the tools to perform the experiments, optimization and documenting for adoption by other team members. We encourage self-directed work and require everyone to be highly self motivated. Additionally, a successful candidate needs to be flexible, receptive to ideas from others, team oriented, and willing to work with scientists, technicians, engineers and others for continuing to push the technology envelop from varied technical backgrounds. Expect this work to include collaborating with multi-functional teams responsible for crafting and producing exciting new display technologies.
Education & Experience
Proven experience and a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Preferred Qualifications
- - Experience with Python, LabVIEW, or other lab controls and data acquisition tools
- - Familiarity with optical modeling tools (Light Tools, Zemax, etc)
- - Experience with diffractive optics
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Opto-Mechanical Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.