Product Manager, Global Business Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for owning and developing the critical Data processing Platform. Our ideal candidate has in-depth experience working within a large-scale ata challenges. The candidate is well versed with technology and will be self-directed, equipped with cross functional experience, motivated, strong analytical, product management, and influencing skills. The Global Business Intelligence team provides data services, analytics, reporting and data science solutions to Apple’s business groups including Retail, iTunes, Marketing, AppleCare, Operations, Finance and Sales. We use diverse technology stacks such as Teradata, HANA, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Crafting, developing and scaling these technologies is a core part of our daily job.
- 8+ years of experience in a Technical Product Management role, preferably for a large scale data handling role in business focused in the data space.
- Significant hands-on experience and proficiency with modern databases (Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, Vertica, etc.) and traditional database technologies (Teradata, etc.)
- Understanding of the technical architecture of data pipelines, warehousing, and data management systems, and knowledge of data pipeline design and data transformation standard methodologies
- Advanced SQL skills and familiarity with big data technologies and the data infrastructure ecosystem
- Leadership skills to influence partner(s) and see projects through to timely completion in an agile environment. Strong prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge on cloud technologies on AWS, GCP or similar other platforms.
- Critical thinking and deep analytical abilities, strong out-of-the-box thinking, curious business and an ability to drive action
Lead the data strategy of dataset designs that unlocks analytics capabilities Lead instrumentation and dataset creation efforts for our Data Science team, collaborating closely with Business, Marketing, Client Engineering, Data Engineering and Privacy teams Migrate/induct/enrich data from production into downstream data warehousing environments for consumption by analytics tools and products, data scientists, and analysts Work with privacy, engineering & data engineering teams to understand business processes and co-develop data requirements, instrumentation, aggregation, and induction for new and existing features Develop frameworks for instrumentation, attribution, and reporting across multiple marketing channels Be the first point of contact to troubleshoot and communicate any data issues to the business, Day-to-day project management for the Data Engineering team Ensure product is developed to meet business goals and customer needs. Own the definition, tracking, and reporting on critical metrics for all products
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace