Wireless MAC Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team. Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development. With a particular emphasis on highly energy-efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture, and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. If you enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment and collaborating with people across different functional areas as well as thriving during crisis times, we encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of shown experience in wireless SoC, MAC or PHY design engineering.
- Strong digital design fundamentals, including knowledge of digital design flows such as RTL simulation, synthesis, STA, LEC and low-power design flows
- Understanding of ASIC test methodologies, including DFT, scan insertion, memory BIST, and others.
- Understanding of ASIC low power design techniques, e.g. multiple supply domains configuration and management, dynamic power/clock scaling and power analysis.
- Familiarity with power estimation (vector-less and vector-based), modeling, profiling, and post silicon power correlation.
- Proven understanding of wireless standards, such as IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience leading design teams.
- Excellent communications skills – both written and oral.
- Partnering with the SoC, BT and PHY digital design teams to integration the WiFi MAC IP into the bigger SoC. - Work with the SW and FW engineering teams to do HW/SW partitioning and digital architecture of the MAC. - Work with physical design, DFT, Power and CAD teams to complete and deliver completed IP for SoC integration. - Drive pre-silicon prototyping / emulation efforts in support of pre-silicon verification, prototyping, and SW / FW development. - Support post-silicon validation, system integration and debug efforts and attend to any required silicon design revisions.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and Engineering