People Business Partner, Original Content Production
Culver City, California, United States
Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Apple’s People group, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our people! Together, we’ll search the world to build our collective of talented perfectionists, visionaries, and inventors. All the while, your efforts will maintain Apple as the most innovative company by striving to make us the most diverse — open to all people, all backgrounds, and all perspectives. And that’s just the beginning, because throughout Apple employees’ careers, you will continue to help professional growth and support them in work and life. Join the People team and help build and keep the extraordinary talent it takes to make extraordinary products! Come join Apple's People team. We are looking for a strategic People Business Partner who embodies our culture and core values. You will deliver a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical HR support and programs to the organization from educating clients on compensation practices, performance management, career development to advising on various management issues.
- Strong organizational development background responsible for team effectiveness, coaching, and culture.
- Foundational understanding of HR analytics and experience with HR systems & tools is essential. Workday knowledge is a plus.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly collaborative style
- Resourceful, inventive, self-motivated and able to independently lead
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company and employees alike
- Strong project management and Excel skills are desired
• Enhance the on-set experience by engaging with production personnel and production leaders/executives at important moments in the lifecycle of the production, inclusive of onboarding, development, performance management, training, and off-boarding • Handle a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations involving production personnel • Conduct complex and sensitive investigations on set with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution • Provide context and information needed by the Accommodations team to enable the interactive process and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities • Guide production leaders on sophisticated issues, including conflict management and performance issues, with detailed understanding of applicable labor/guild/union issues • Promote knowledge and understanding of Apple’s policies and values through on-set presence, coaching, education and training • Build and implement balanced risk mitigation plans for the production environment in partnership with key partners such as Studio Legal, Labor Relations and Employment Legal • Identify trends, patterns and themes across the production personnel lifecycle that lead to root-cause analysis, and in turn, proactive, strategic and novel approaches to managing a production workforce
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent is preferred along with 7-12 years of proven performance as a strategic HR partner A rotation in an Organizational Development or Project center of excellence would be an added plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.