Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) - Modules & Components
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Component Supplier Quality Engineer will develop IC component quality, ranging from passives and discretes to ASICs and MEMs.
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following fields: Fab Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification
- Familiarity with the properties and process used in microelectronics fabrication and PCBA assembly
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process
- Possess an ownership/leadership approach
- Adapt at identifying risk and develop solid plans to mitigate
- Ability to craft and deliver presentations for executive audiences
- Positive attitude facing complex situations to reach constructive solutions
- Strong product reliability knowledge and fundamentals of relevance
- Broad IC packaging experience i.e. WLCSP, SOC, QFN, etc. As well as Fab process knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of IC/PCBA FA tools and methodologies
- Expected travel is 30% to 35%. Experience working with off-shore manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites to perform root cause findings and problem solving
A successful Supplier Quality Engineer is technical, driven, organized, detail oriented, adept at driving actions and resolving conflicts; and communicates with ease at all levels. Lead responsibilities will include: • Leading team for Root Cause & Corrective Actions on electronic components during development builds and production ramp across all Apple products • Vendor (Fab process, Wafer level test, Final test, and Packaging) facility auditing. Full audit reporting, communication with Suppliers and Apple management and follow up to close all issues • Drive and track closure on any component or module issues that impact overall product readiness or DPPM fluctuations • Feedback ‘real time’ learning from any sustaining issues • Provide quality team approval risk and MP releases and ensure team drives quality requirements for any post-ramp qualification Manage all program-related communication to executive management including: • Highlight key program risk to management and clearly explain path to resolution • Commit to work under high time/deliverable pressure with solid results • Actively participate in detection of component quality & manufacturing issues during development • Manage quality reviews, audits and support at vendor/CM sites • Prevent and correct quality issues during the sustaining phase
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.