Senior Program Manager - Digital business development, planning and expansion
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As a member of the Apple Retail Online Digital Experience and Merchandising team, the Senior Program Manager, Business Development, Planning and Expansion will support global growth efforts with a focus on developing new business and expansion opportunities for Online. This individual will also drive analyses of key strategic projects, and will be responsible for forecasting, modeling, and performance for these new expansion opportunities. The ideal candidate has a customer centric attitude, is able to set a clear vision for an outstanding customer experience, is adept at simplifying the complex, and collaborating across a highly matrixed organization. This high-impact role requires a highly motivated and experienced teammate with great attention to detail who is able to collaborate with multiple teams to deliver to deadlines. The successful individual will have a strategic mentality, strong analytical skills, be adept at project management, and have deep retail industry knowledge.
- High attention to detail and obsesses over customer experience
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and globally to use knowledge to gain competitive advantage. Demonstrated ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision, including presenting to executives.
- Excellent analytical skills and data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness, while maintaining extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to drive innovation and thinking outside the box.
- Deep knowledge of the global retail industry and digital commerce trends.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically, to deliver on short and long term goals.
The Digital Business Development, Planning and Expansion Programs Manager will be working as part of a core cross functional team, helping define the future of how customers learn about and shop for Apple products and services on Apple’s digital and omni-channel platforms.In this role you will: Help shape ground-breaking and customer-centric experiences that take into account global industry trends, consumer behavior, and Apple core values. Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities relevant for business performance Provide executives with business reporting and insights on a regular cadence and ad-hoc Identify and prioritize initiatives Apple Retail should pursue in new markets and business opportunities. Size business opportunities and tie to overall Retail Online vision and business plan, developing a multiyear roadmap to support. Identify issues, form hypotheses to analysis - synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and business cases to help implement change. Prepare strategic briefs for innovative programs and customer experiences.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus. - 8+ years experience in strategy, product, or business development role in a customer-centric environment; - Prior experience in business development roles desired - Prior experience in strategy roles a plus