Legal Counsel - Content Services (Apple Music, Apple TV & Apple Podcasts)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Apple Media Services legal group seeks an exceptional lawyer to join our India team. You will be focused on providing full legal support across matters that impact the Apple content services business, including for the Apple TV app, Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Podcast, the App Store, and other services from Apple. We are passionate about media and technology, and we want someone like-minded to join our team! You will have hands-on experience in the entertainment and media industries and will have a strong understanding of the sophisticated rights issues at play across content types, particularly music and video. You will have experience of advising on regulatory matters, preferably with experience of liaising with regulators. You will be knowledgeable about the digital audiovisual and music market, the entertainment industry, and content distribution issues, either from having worked at a law firm or a media industry organization, digital content distributor, film studio or record label. Working for a company that invents entire industries means you will be challenged to creatively apply your legal and commercial experience to new and often unexplored scenarios.
- Supporting and advising the various business teams at Apple in India and internationally.
- Acting as a contact point in India to represent Apple services with key industry partners, organizations and institutions.
- Tracking complex regulatory issues across all content types and advising the business on the impact of pending regulations on their business plans.
- Working on a range of commercial agreements related to different types of content distribution, including movies, TV episodes, music, podcasts and other content from Apple.
- Working on due diligence exercises for product launches.
- Managing projects and a significant contract workload whilst staying organised and keeping internal legal teams and business teams regularly updated on progress.
- Working on the resolution of third party disputes and consumer matters.
Demonstrate relevant legal experience (private practice and/or in-house experience). - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear way to a large audience, both internally and externally. - Knowledge and experience of the media and entertainment industry in India. Experience of working at a key partner, industry organization, film studio or record label - Experience in drafting and negotiating sophisticated and groundbreaking commercial license agreements. - Outstanding negotiation, problem solving, communication and drafting skills. - Ability to exercise good judgment, make difficult decisions, break down complex issues, and balance risk with business need. - Ability to issue spot and advise on legal and commercial implications while supporting business objectives and goals. - Have a strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative and team driven working environment. - Confident in balancing multiple projects when working towards strict deadlines, with strong organisational skills. - Passion for building positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
Education & Experience
Qualified lawyer with specialisation in entertainment law, copyright law and commercial law Role can be based out of Bangalore OR Mumbai.