Test Manager, Operations Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the growth of iOS products, we have built a new opportunity to work on the most exciting new products introduced by Apple. We are seeking an individual to be responsible for the test engineering team for iPhone new product projects. You will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining an effective test, and calibration strategy in the manufacturing supply chain and transferring mass production test coverage from development into production. Work closely with multi-functional teams including Engineering, GSM, Capex in addition to working closely with our contract manufacturers. Given the importance of these product lines, this position has a high level of visibility in the Operations organization, with executive level communication necessary on a frequent basis.
- 7+ years of experience in Test or Manufacturing Engineering, Failure Analysis or related validation role including 2+ of those years in people management roles.
- Consistent track record of delivering complex test projects from NPI to mass production, preferably in a high volume, consumer electronics environment.
- Establish strategic plans and objectives; make final decisions on administrative and operational matters and ensure effective achievement of objectives.
- Comprehensive understanding of high-volume manufacturing test processes and failure analysis.
- Informative in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 20-25% travel required
- Mandarin language skills are helpful, but not essential.
This opportunity encompasses the following: Leading and developing iPhone Operations Test Engineering team that has responsibility to deploy high volume manufacturing test solutions for a number of concurrent projects. You will interface with engineering and operations teams early in the development cycles to develop efficient end to end test solutions and ensure a smooth deployment to our manufacturing supply chain. You will work with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of complex factory test systems. Handle detailed requirements' definition, review and approve test designs, and lead implementation. Work with production teams and vendors to scale and maintain factory test systems across multiple factories. Driving optimizations in the various test processes to ensure product quality, and the operational efficiency.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in a relevant engineering discipline, MS preferred.