Global Localisation Lead, Beats
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Project Manager to join as the global lead for all internal localisation services. This role holds overall responsibility for the management of Global localisation within the company including: leading localisation from conception to completion, maintaining all localisation processes and best practices, onboarding new employees to ensure an understanding of processes, and managing localisation suppliers. The role requires a great communicator with the ability to maintain strong relationships across a broad set of partner groups. You have experience in working with international teams, and a passion for top of class customer experiences. You will have an in-depth expertise of localisation best practices and a passion for quality.
- Extensive Senior Project Management experience either agency or client side.
- Expertise in in leading localisation, internationalisation and/or globalisation projects
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard localisation best practices
- Working knowledge of various project management tools and methodologies
- Experience managing multiple suppliers and production agencies
- Experience in running a portfolio of projects from multiple stakeholders at once
- Experience working in a complex and fast paced production environment
- Validated skills to present excellent written documents and presentations
- Master at multi-tasking and delivering quality and detail oriented work
- Thrive with limited direction in an ambiguous work environment and enjoy the
- challenge it brings
- Expertise in scoping deliverables — cost, schedule, and resourcing
You will be the main point of contact for any stakeholder within the Beats organisation who requires localisation services of any kind; across product, marketing and any assets that are created for the key markets and locales in which Beats product is on sale. Ingest, evaluate, plan and deliver all localisation project requests from multiple departments on time and within budget. Manage production of all localised assets for global product launches. Manage and direct multiple localisation vendors, giving them clear and concise guidelines on Beats terminology and requirements. Onboard and educate new and existing Beats employees to ensure they have a clear understanding of localisation processes. Evaluate, interview and provide recommendations for any new potential agency partners. Be responsible for updating processes to improve effectiveness, speed and quality of output. Resolve issues with suppliers. Manage and reconcile project budgets. Stay up to date on new production workflows and innovative technologies.