Senior Software Engineer - Big Data Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a results-oriented and versatile engineer who can thrive in an Agile environment, delivering solutions to enable sophisticated algorithms and techniques to improve machine learning models for real-time decisioning systems. You will work closely with data scientists and other machine learning engineers to develop and implement platform components that will enable us to improve and scale our advertising algorithms. Platform components can range from core storage and processing capabilities and critical pipelines, to exploratory analysis tools, model development and training infrastructure, to online inference architectures that react to real-time signals and preserve the privacy of our customers.
- - Extensive hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale data infrastructure
- - Experience crafting and architecting distributed systems, concurrent programming, and coding data structures
- - Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java.
- - Shown deep internals understanding of one or more of Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Solr, Parquet and Avro
- - Experience developing ETL solutions for clients in different domains, managing various types of significant data
- - Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput applications
- - Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- - Understanding of JVM internals and garbage collection.
- - Working knowledge of scripting languages like Python.
- - Understanding of query algorithms and optimization.
- - Shown mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- - Proven to have a strong, analytical and data-driven mind set.
As a Senior Software Engineer, to help build innovative software applications. You should have development and implementation experience on large scale critical applications. The main responsibilities for this position include: Architecting innovative solutions while playing a hands-on development role to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment. You will be involved in challenging and dynamic projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative solutions to given challenges. Develop tools to monitor system health, performance, and reliability.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years of professional experience, or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.