Channel Marcom Lead (Japan)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Japan Channel Marcom team is responsible for all marketing communications and customer experiences across Apple’s indirect channels. We formulate world-class omni-channel strategies that provide customers thoughtful, engaging and integrated experiences; experiences that meet Apple’s brand and creative standards of excellence.
- 15+ years experience in a marketing/advertising agency or in-house marketing communications organization
- A strong strategic thinker, capable of collaborating with and influencing senior partners, both internally and externally
- You possess a deep understanding, and extensive experience in, developing and executing marketing communications
- You have passion for creative in all forms
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong planning skills with proven ability to set priorities within tight timelines
- You are capable of evaluating creative, using influence and guidance to drive better work
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Experience acting as a strong leader, working with and inspiring teams
- You pay close attention to detail and results-oriented
- You have superior written and verbal communications skills, in both Japanese and English
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
Strategic Planning -- Work cross-functionally in Japan and with WW, defining the multi-year strategic plan for Channel. Evolve, refine, and maintain the roadmap throughout Marcom annual/quarterly planning cadence. Integrated Communications -- Leverage insights across consumer, market, brand and sales, translating business opportunities/challenges into integrated communication plans that drive creative excellence and meet Apple, partner, and commercial objectives. Partner Engagement -- Drive Executive level engagement with priority partners; lead strategic development of integrated Apple/partner marketing plans; create integrated communications campaigns and execute with excellence, driving both brand engagement and business results. Creative Origination -- As a hub for creative innovation, you will work collaboratively in Japan to translate local market insights into world-class Apple brand creative; creative that inspires consumers and delivers against Apple & partner business objectives. Executional Excellence -- Create exceptional execution through all ATL & BTL mediums for both Apple and the partner communications. Geo Readiness -- Drive planning and execution of launches, refreshes and Geo origination activities. Ensure timely and seamless execution across Apple & partner touch-points. Data & Insights -- In partnership with teams across Apple and with partners, track and measure effectiveness of marketing strategies, inclusive of launch, campaign hindsights. Cross-functional Leadership -- Build strong cross-functional relationships in Geo and with WW through transparency, collaboration and trust. Team Development and Leadership -- Identify and maintain top talent and create an environment in which the team can contribute at the highest level. Provide the leadership to the Japan team by ensuring that values, processes, and expectations are established.