AI/ML- Software Engineer, Information Intelligence
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas quickly become extraordinary user experiences. Would you be excited to take on big challenges that could create a positive impact for billions of people? Are you passionate about building elegant product experiences with a world-class engineering and design team? Do you want to be part of a world class team that is making Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The AI/ML Information Intelligence teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Our universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- Strong coding skills in Rust, C++, Go, or other “system” languages. Expertise with functional languages such as Haskell or Scala is a bonus.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to write performant and clean code that’s high quality.
- Quick learner who can pickup new technology stacks and be able to deliver features.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Experience working with other people’s code bases: you aren’t afraid to clone a repo to fix a bug and submit a PR upstream.
- Experience solving Big Data problems — we have problems that are far too large to fit on a single box, and we need to be able to build tools to solve them.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work independently as well as in a team; can take feedback and iterate on a solution in a collaborative environment.
- Experience working on a web crawler is a plus
We are responsible for maintaining Applebot, Apple’s public web crawler. We design and build infrastructure to support features that empowers billions of users. Our team builds the services that crawls billions of URLs per day. We are responsible for the end to end ownership of our services, from conception, to design, to implementation, to deployment, to operations. As a result, each one of us takes our responsibilities seriously, while having a lot of fun building the best services at scale we can.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.