Internal Communication Strategist, Content - Apple IS&T Strategy & Programs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Internal communications at Apple connects our people to our purpose by bringing our values to life, communicating about products and initiatives, and elevating the employee experience. As a member, you’ll be part of the line of business communication team that supports Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization. Think of IS&T as Apple’s nerve center. Our employees design and lead the massive systems that run Apple services, such as Apple Pay and the Apple website, as well as manufacturing, logistics, retail operations, and all our corporate facilities. IS&T also develops and manages our data centers all over the globe.
- At least 5+ years successfully leading editorial and content teams, and creating and driving content strategies
- Experience, ideally from a digital agency, brand marketing, or top online publisher or media company
- Strategic thinker—someone who can connect the dots, and knows the difference between a story and what is a proof point to a much larger story
- Passion for strengthening corporate culture and productivity, and building community within a global, diverse workforce
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership with an emphasis on collaboration, proactivity, and flexibility, and is able to rally people and influence to get things done
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for using storytelling to create experiences
- Preference for variety over consistency—predictable patterns of repeated activities—in one’s workday
- Ability to cut through ambiguity
- Aptitude for influencing others and getting people on board with an idea or direction
In this role, you’ll lead IS&T’s digital content strategy, enhance our storytelling capabilities, and showcase stories that matter, have impact, and make a difference for our employees. It will be up to you to determine what stories we tell, in what format we tell them, how we amplify them across our owned channels, and what new channels and methods we should explore. The ideal candidate has superb writing and copyediting skills, experience creating content strategies that build and grow audiences, and knows how to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization to drive great storytelling opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, editorial writing, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We at Apple we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.