Input System Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Human Interface Devices (HID) team is looking for an Input Systems Software Engineer to help build systems software that powers next generation of human computer interaction experiences. The ideal engineer is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with engineering breakthrough input experiences. You are a self-motivated, excellent problem solver, and a fast learner. You are quick to forge relationships and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have strong technical leadership skills and enjoy collaborating with others toward the creation of commercial grade software. You will bring software expertise to a highly interdisciplinary team, working with engineers of many talents to tackle challenging problems.
- 4+ years of SW development experience, including SW architecture design, reliability, and scaling
- Expertise in modern C++, proficiency in python
- Experience with low-level software processes (drivers, os services, IPC) for performant systems
- Experience developing testing strategies (unit/regression/fuzz) and continuous integration pipelines (eg. Jenkins)
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Understands and advocates principles of good software and system design
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Able to lead a project with minimal guidance
In this role, you will - Own and maintain the development process of new core system software framework - Coordinate API changes, and release dependencies with partner teams - Prepare release candidates and interface with quality assurance teams for system-wide integration testing - Maintain common development/debugging workflows used by the team - Develop and maintain testing strategies to ensure seamless integration of algorithms - Develop triage methodology for incoming issues, including debug tooling
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in CS/CE or related field
- The following are not required, but are a plus and may help you be more successful in this role:
- - Experience with Objective-C and/or Swift
- - Experience developing software for Augmented Reality (AR) or Virtual Reality (VR)
- - Experience with 3D mathematics and/or physics/game engines such as RealityKit
- - Experience developing for input or interaction
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.