Safety Systems Integration Lead - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking a Safety Systems Integration Lead within the Hardware System Team. This system design position entails owning electrical and functional definition of safety systems. This engineer will be responsible for prototyping novel concepts, functional definition, and working with suppliers to deliver a fully validated system.
- 3+ years overall experience
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end, including leveraging suppliers
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Experience with fault reporting and diagnostics.
In this role, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate hardware systems for future Apple products. You should be comfortable presenting technical content and understanding how to tailor the narrative based on your audience and desired outcome. •Own EE aspects of a highly integrated safety system, including prototyping •Capture stakeholder requirements and translate them into engineering requirements •Maintain the system schematic, block diagram, and interconnect plan •Prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support •Experience with DFMEA and functional safety concept •Experience with communication protocols like CAN, LIN and Ethernet
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace