Cellular RF Systems Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. Are you a talented individual wanting to join a team as a Cellular RF System Architect? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. Are you a talented individual wanting to join a team as a Cellular RF System Architect? You will be a key member of Apple’s driving cellular wireless standards innovation for our next generation wireless products used by millions. We are tasked with driving cellular wireless standards innovation for next generation wireless products. Are you ready to do your life's best work?
- - We value your 7+ years of relevant experience in RF including direct expertise in transmitter and receiver mmWave architectures. You should never be satisfied with your knowledge so continuous study, research and collaboration is needed from you to grow.
- - You have in-depth knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5GNR), regulatory, and carrier requirements including their implications on overall radio architectures and RF system design.
- - You have experience in RF performance criteria and concepts such as EIRP, TRP, TIS, noise figure, sensitivity/desense, phase noise, EVM, spectral mask, spurious, harmonics, intermodulation, s-parameters, Smith charts, and tuning networks.
- - You have experience in line-up analysis, AGC and TPC concepts, calibration and compensation methods
- - You have strong understanding of antenna array theory and associated measurement methods.
- - You have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- - You have strong Technical Writing Skills.
In your role as the Cellular RF System Architect you will contribute and be part of an elite RF Systems Cellular Team. We are tasked with driving cellular radio technologies addressing GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR and beyond. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams, and suppliers to assess, scope, and ultimately drive RF technology innovation to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products. Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in electrical engineering is the foundation of your successful career to date. We would prefer a Ph.D. in electrical engineering or equivalent.