Beats Market Leader
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
Beats by Dre is seeking an experienced business professional with a proven track record of market development, brand building and leading cross-functional teams. The Beats Market Leader (BML) will be responsible for setting country-level business strategy incorporating brand and channel marketing, sales activities, and insight driven market and competitor analysis. There may also be opportunity to drive business opportunities in Korea in future. The BML will be responsible for driving brand awareness and consistency at channel, country and partner-level business results, and informing Geo and Worldwide level leaders on progress towards goal as well as identifying opportunities on a consistent basis. Ideal candidate must be an energetic leader who people will want to follow. Must have a passion for business results and be willing to champion initiatives. A strategic thinker with a background in business development, sales and marketing. A strong communicator, storyteller and presenter who will present to and interact with C-level partner executives and collaborate cross-functionally with Apple leaders and teams. Willing to take a servant leadership approach when needed.
- 10+ years combined experience across Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Business Development.
- Strategic planning and budgeting experience, a requirement.
- Deep understanding of consumer electronics across all routes to market in local Geo.
- Experience leveraging business analytics and identifying risks and opportunities through partner and market level data.
- Ability to own and methodically plan for the delivery of go-to-market marketing campaigns and programs with our partners.
- Expert in building and delivering C-level presentations both internally and externally.
- Ability to size and prioritize opportunities.
- Dedicated and highly adaptive with ability to quickly solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
Creation and ownership of business and channel marketing plan by channel/partner Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure visibility and ownership of relevant metrics, and relevant accountability by department is set – both internal and external to Beats Regular communication on performance versus metrics Regular review of plan to ensure continued success with key stakeholders Work within the wider business teams to support with sales opportunities to maximize revenue Provide monthly/quarterly pipeline and forecast to business in alignment with business needs Development of team Keep abreast of technology & industry trends Represent the business at industry events Assessing and exploring, in partnership with the cross-functional teams, potential opportunity in neighbouring markets when relevant (e.g. Korea)
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience. Post graduate experience a plus.