Product Manager, Artists Experience: Analytics
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we create products that are beautiful, innovative, and awe-inspiring— products that genuinely enrich our customers’ lives. Join a worldwide company that welcomes the whole wide world. Our customers are all over the world, so it’s by design that Apple employees are all over the world, too. And we know our ability to continue creating the world’s most innovative products depends on people who represent the variety of the human experience and who inspire us with great thinking. Because the broader the backgrounds and perspectives, the bigger the ideas. Music is part of Apple’s DNA, and on the Apple Music team, we’re passionate about empowering artists, and making Apple Music a part of every moment. Join a team that is imagining, inventing and building what’s next for millions of artists and music fans globally! We’re looking for a Product Manager to build new artist-facing experiences for Apple Music. The ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about music and supporting artists. You’ll oversee the roadmap, development and launch of features that help artists gain insights from Apple Music. You’ll need to have a deep understanding of the music industry, artists, labels, and their data needs. You’ll partner with other product managers— in Music and across Apple— as well as with design, engineering, marketing, and analytics. Together, you’ll define and communicate product vision, roadmap and features that further grow and differentiate Apple Music - and delight both artists and listeners!
- 5+ years of experience in software product development, ideally specialized to analytics in a music streaming service.
- Strong analytics product background - able to guide the development of data features & insights that deliver best-in-class user experience to Creators.
- Experience developing, launching, and measuring the success of features at scale, to a global audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions, including executives, and to lead through influence across teams
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions, with a bias to action and experimentation.
- Experience with music industry and content preferred.
Working with a cross-functional team, develop a product roadmap focused on artist analytics and align partners across the Music org and in other parts of the Services organization. Using market data and an understanding of the music industry and music culture, find opportunities to differentiate Apple Music by delivering compelling data offerings to artists. Work closely with design and engineering to bring new features to artists. Write clear and concise product requirements that capture the vision, goals, and key elements of new products and features. Initiate, coordinate, and review launch activities and deliverables for new features in conjunction with business, public relations, AppleCare, marketing communications, and many others.
Education & Experience
MBA, Computer Science or equivalent background preferred