FPGA Design Engineer (Instrument Engineering)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for taking on big challenges? Do you love pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Wireless Hardware group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world. On this team, you’ll help improve the performance of our products through innovative system-on-chip designs. You and your team will build platform architecture that paves the way for all-new experiences, including the ones that allow people to take advantage of our innovations in sensor technology. Together, our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. Join us and help build world-renowned wireless systems that connect customers to their world like never before. This small team of extraordinary engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing cellular, 5G, WiFi, BT, mmWave, UWB and NFC radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in breathtaking test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Knowledge of RF and DSP fundamentals.
- Experience designing RTL for high speed or multiple clock domain designs.
- Experience debugging FPGA with logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- International travel of 10% is required
As an FPGA design engineer you will develop and optimize precision test equipment used by RF automation systems to test Apple’s newest products including iPhone, iPad, Mac and others for different wireless technologies. Duties include RTL Design, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification, and manufacturing support. Candidates should have experience with high volume, low power, mobile products. Work with technology suppliers, vendors, and cross-functional staff. Position will require some international travel.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is needed, and we highly value Master’s or above. Relevant disciplines include Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics and other Engineering domains.
- PREFERRED SKILLS
- - 2+ years experience designing modem or DSP algorithms in FPGAs or ASICs and successfully shipping products based on them.
- - 3+ years experience optimizing the segmentation of the design for a target FPGA, synthesizing for FPGA and executing timing closure.
- - Experience with Xilinx Zynq platform and Microblaze.
- - Experience optimizing algorithms for power or execution speed