ISE, Input Experience - iOS Software Engineer, Keyboard UI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about helping people communicate all over the world? The iOS Keyboard is one of the most-used software applications on the planet and is used to type billions of messages every day. We build the keyboard and text editing experience for iPhone & iPad, including features such as QuickType, QuickPath, Emoji, AutoFill, etc. as well as text input technologies on all Apple platforms—iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS—including frameworks and developer APIs. We are looking for a creative and hardworking software engineer to help craft the next generation of Keyboard and Text Input experiences that are intuitive, personal, and inclusive of people all over the world, across many different languages and cultures, all while respecting each user’s privacy.
- Experience in building iOS apps using Apple’s UI frameworks
- Experience with Objective-C, C, Swift, or C++ programming
- Exposure to modern software development standard methodologies, such as source control, unit testing, and debugging
- Familiarity with software optimization and performance measurement tools
- Ability to effectively contribute to several concurrent projects
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion to improve Apple’s products
Collaborate with a world-class design team and hardworking engineers to innovate and deliver high-impact features that fuse best-in-class user interfaces with state-of-the-art machine learning technologies. You will be responsible for a combination of software design exploration, implementation, and maintenance of cross-platform frameworks and applications. You will develop production-quality software while working through iterative development cycles. You will partner with many teams at Apple to deliver best-in-class features such as Accessibility, Design, Hardware, Localization, Natural Language Processing, Privacy, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience