San Diego, California, United States
The Human Interface Devices Software team is responsible for delivering internal applications, tools and frameworks for HID devices and sensing technologies. This includes Multi-touch, motion, ambient light sensors, trackpads, cameras, microphones, and other input devices. We work closely with Algorithm, Firmware, Application, and Design teams to deliver an integrated customer experience.
- Experience developing applications and tools for OS X or iOS
- Experience developing 3D games or working with 3D graphics
- Comfortable working with AppKit and UIKit
- Ability to rapidly mock up proposed user experiences and interactions
- Exposure working with camera or sensor data (e.g. from motion, touch, light, or proximity sensors)
- Ability to quickly learn new development environments and APIs
- Comfortable with rapid context switching among several projects
- Strong C and object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building tools to help analyze, validate, and collect data from new input technologies under development. In this role, you will be responsible for tools that interface with a wide variety of devices over multiple transport protocols running on multiple platforms.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent)
- Experience designing and creating APIs is a plus Experience working with poorly documented, or undocumented, APIs is a plus Experience with basic networking APIs is a plus Experience collaborating with QA teams Experience with simple database technologies (e.g. sqlite) Familiarity with human factors engineering Familiarity with IOKit is a plus
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.