Operations & Maintenance Manager - Austin Campus
Austin, Texas, United States
In RE&D, we don’t sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and nimble group that manages Apple’s workplaces and workplace services. We develop and manage Apple’s global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated facilities professional to join our team that oversees the operations and maintenance of our facilities in Austin, TX.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of customers and experience on maintaining and operating complex infrastructure systems in high-reliability environments.
- Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- People management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Strong finance, budgeting, and analytic skills.
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude.
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night.
- Detail oriented.
Working with and through immediate staff - the ideal candidate will manage the maintenance and operational integrity of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other infrastructure systems in high-reliability environments, develop and implements standards and practices to improve operational efficiency. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Facilities team to ensure successful delivery of contracted maintenance services to meet site needs, will manage facilities support employees and contractors to deliver operations services in a timely and cost-effective manner and will coordinate response to emergency situations that may impact operations. Will work closely with Environment, Health and Safety, Construction Project Managers, Security and IS&T organizations. He/She will utilize building data integration, visualization, and analytical tools to monitor and manage the campus operations portfolio. Will be skilled in creating, developing, and managing capital and operating budgets related to operations portfolio. Experienced in providing a variety of service types with aggressive schedule and budget challenges. Develops and reviews Apple policies and procedures. Interpret and manage Real Estate and Development policies and procedures for assigned areas. Clarify and resolve complex problems spanning multiple areas or technical fields; develop or oversee program implementation within assigned area. Skilled in the administration and management of multiple and diverse activities occurring concurrently with high levels of customer requirements and satisfaction. Experienced in providing a variety of service types with aggressive schedule and budget challenges. Skilled in quality control/quality assurance methods and the ability to apply these principles throughout the services portfolio. Skilled in planning, tracking, evaluating, and reporting on assigned activities. Ability to evaluate/analyze project information and utilize automated information management systems. Skilled in oral and written communications. Skilled in customer service/satisfaction. Be a key resource for internal RE&D and internal external business unit stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred