Manager, AppleCare Special Projects
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder thatʼs revolutionized entire industries. Itʼs the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Support Experience Programs organization is seeking an innovative and passionate leader to manage a team of strategic project managers. The AppleCare Special Projects team will be responsible for ensuring customers are greeted with world class customer support on day one of new product releases. This leadership position will set strategy, evaluate ideas, prioritize features, define releases, manage multiple roadmaps, and provide regular updates to senior leadership on progress. The team will influence worldwide support strategy for new products, and build strong relationships with a broad set of teams including Product Marketing, Hardware and Software Engineering, IS&T, Legal, Privacy, and more. This is a fast-paced, cohesive team with aggressive goals and tremendous drive. It is a unique opportunity to deliver fantastic new customer support experiences, while simultaneously representing the organization well beyond the contact center. This role can be based on site in Santa Clara Valley or Austin.
- 5-10 years experience leading and developing teams of high performing, technically minded individuals
- Experience managing projects or programs, including large, cross-functional contact center or support initiatives, preferably with an emphasis on technology solutions
- Knowledge of Apple Support customer experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting to varied audiences
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships within the cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills necessary
- Proficient knowledge of the system development life-cycles
- Knowledge of the AppleCare Contact Center tools and processes is a plus
- An experienced operator in the customer support sphere with a deep passion for creating fantastic experiences for customers and delivering innovative solutions for our worldwide customer support Advisor population. - A strategist with a long-term vision who will identify new opportunities and best practices while keeping programs on time, on budget, and aligned with organizational goals. - A global manager who can identify new talent, leverage team member skills, provide coaching for development opportunities, and inspire individuals to do their best work. - A hard worker who drives a team of people to execute a defined strategy, while being part of day-to-day contact center interactions. - A fantastic communicator with the ability to move fluidly between communication styles to meet a varied audience; must be able to present to executive leadership one day and host a roundtable with customer support Advisors the next. - A detailed-oriented, hands-on leader, who takes full accountability from conception through implementation of critical support initiatives; applies tactical needs to a long term strategy in order to keep the organization on a path that is flexible, scalable, and addresses immediate business problems. - An analytical thinker who uses qualitative and quantitative analysis to measure ongoing program success in both pre and post implementation assessments. - A great cross-functional business partner with strong relationship-building skills. Someone who advises business groups across the company to provide strategic direction on initiative selection, integration, resource prioritization, and ensures initiative alignment with business vision, strategy and deployment within the company. - A team player with a passion for debate and who will actively contribute to the group to complete tasks and meet goals. - Able to travel several times a year domestically and internationally to support global initiatives.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent experience required