Systems Design Validation Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it!
- Experience creating validation plans for hardware products including developing test methodologies for new features and technologies
- Ability to track validation progress, present data, draft white-papers, validation articles and represent data/status at milestone reviews
- Hands-on experience in detailed testing of at least one system domain, such as camera, display, optics
- Experience working on system level coexistence tests among various sub-components within a product
- General understanding of overall hardware system architecture common to consumer electronics products
- Familiarity with a wide variety of sensor technologies, data acquisition systems, and fundamental analog/digital signal processing techniques to capture and synchronize high quality data from multiple sources.
- Python/MATLAB/JS scripting experience for test automation and data processing/organization
- Hands on experience with operating robotic systems for validation is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with an enthusiastic, confident, respectful, and open-minded approach to collaborative work including presenting, debating and brainstorming
- Great teammate and creative problem solver who has experience supporting technical teams, various groups across the company, and vendors to execute against validation plans
We are seeking an experienced, technical, energetic Systems Design Validation Lead to join our team! This individual must demonstrate deep understanding of system level design and associated validation for consumer electronics. As a Lead, you will own, create and execute an end-to-end validation plan for user facing features. You will work closely with specialists in Product Design/System architecture/Algorithm/Metrology to ensure comprehensive coverage across the boundaries of product tolerances and operating conditions. This role requires at least 5+ years of proven experience in system design, integration, bring up and productization of complex consumer electronic systems.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in relevant field (EE, Physics, Systems Engineering, Mechatronics)