BMS Manufacturing Test Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! This is an opportunity to work on the forefront of Battery Management Systems where you will help to develop and manufacture future BMS technologies! Are you ready to work with a talented team of engineers in a collaborative and cross-functional environment? The ideal candidate has a background in high-volume manufacturing test development for consumer electronic assemblies.
- 3+ years of experience developing electronics or manufacturing test equipment for mass production products with an understanding of testing techniques needed to test mixed signal (analog and digital) modules such as battery packs.
- Produced detailed and rigorous work emphasizing simple and elegant solutions for mass production.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and visionary spirit who relies on data to support technical decisions.
The manufacturing group within the Battery Management Systems organization is a critical and highly collaborative team that creates existing and future manufacturing technologies and processes. We work with the new product introduction team where you will be helping to create and introduce new battery designs into high-volume manufacturing for Apple’s world class devices. The BMTE group - Develops and controls manufacturing processes from SMT through introduction of packs into host systems including electrical test systems. - Ensures manufacturing equipment meets design intent with early engagement with the BMS team’s design, R&D and NPI teams. - Identifies manufacturing trends and needed future manufacturing capabilities. - Develops world-class manufacturing sites at our vendors to manufacture and test battery pack components. This includes printed circuit boards, PCB assemblies and battery packs. - Develops vendor processes related to manufacturing including qualification testing and failure analysis. - Authors testing specifications for complete test coverage of design features utilizing data-driven methods and accuracy analysis techniques. - Establishes strong, structured, and consistent FA processes at vendor sites providing analysis and data from ORT (ongoing reliability), NPI and field returns. We provide the leadership to create and continuously improve world-class manufacturing processes and data collection ensuring the battery management system team’s mission to produce high volume battery systems under tightly controlled manufacturing processes.
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred.
- Travel to suppliers and manufacturing facilities expected ~15%.
- Experience with battery core technologies or battery management systems is a plus (hardware, software and firmware).