System Signal Integrity Architect
Austin, Texas, United States
The candidate will work within the Mac organization to support the system-level Signal Integrity (SI) and Power Integrity (PI) design, analysis and validation aspects of Mac and Accessory products development. You should have deep knowledge and familiarity with all aspects of Signal Integrity for high speed Serdes, parallel bus, single ended signaling, and signaling interfaces deployed in personal computers and peripherals well as power delivery network design, analysis and validation methods.
- The candidate must have system level Serdes design and analysis skills. The Serdes knowledge required includes understanding of transmitter and receiver equalization methods (including FFE, CTLE, DFE, VGA gain), CDR behaviors and modeling, link training algorithms and eye margining tool.
- Serial bus expertise shall include knowledge of the specifications of PCIe, USB3.1, DisplayPort, HDMI and Thunderbolt. SI skills required include DOE analysis across channel variants, applying equalization and training as required for end-end channel analysis.
- Parallel bus interface expertise should include understanding of signaling specs and signal integrity signoff for DDR, GDDR, LPDDR, NAND interfaces, and common synchronous interfaces.
- Future interfaces should include knowledge of PCIe Gen6, next generation USB4, IEEE 802.3 and OIF multi-level signaling.
- The candidate should be able to model physical signaling channel topologies including differential, single ended, and parallel bus types. - Interconnect modeling capability, using S-parameter, W-elements, etc is required.An understanding of channel types including cabling, pcb materials, flex materials, and connector design methods and limitations is required. - Skills with associated tools for 2.5D (PowerSI, SIWave, Sentinel-PI, nSys), 3D Full wave (HFSS, nWave), quasi-static tools (Q3D, nApex)is required. - Relevant working knowledge of IBIS-AMI, HSPICE, Spectre, AMS, and Simplis models for system-level transient analysis is also necessary. Working knowledge of ADS is desired. - Measurement expertise with frequency and time domain tools (VNA, TDR) including calibration methods is desired. - Ability to execute on channel analysis, target impedance analysis, transient voltage droop and phase margin/stability analysis is required. - Experience with PERL and other scripting languages is desired. MatLab Experience is a plus. - Excellent documentation and communication skills, ability to work independently, and demonstrated ability to innovate are required.