Data Engineer - iCloud Education Team
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Education team is looking for a passionate Data Engineer to help build the next generation of our educational experience. Help connect students and teachers using technology to facilitate learning, from K-12, through higher education, to life-long learning. We’re looking for an individual who loves solving problems to surprise and delight our customers. Do you want to work on products that are used by millions of users every single day? Are you passionate about education? If so, we want you! Join Apple's Education team to design and build innovative services that will reach millions of students and teachers. You will help us craft and build products that inspire and educate the next generation.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Passion for innovation in ed-tech space with high regard for customer privacy.
- Experience building data pipelines in a production environment.
- Experience with ETL, data warehousing environments.
- Proficient in Java, experience with scalable cloud development (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Bias toward action, and self-directed.
- Ability to learn and research new technologies rapidly.
- Strong social skills and experience working on multi-functional projects.
In addition to using technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, you grow with dynamic requirements, and have excellent social skills. Success for this role depends on working with multi-functional teams. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team that reflects the multicultural variety of our customers. AS A MEMBER OF DATA AND ML EDUCATION TEAM: - You will contribute to product definition, design, development, QA, and deployment. - You will analyze data and provide insights to improve the product. - You will work with other data and ML Engineers to implement algorithms in Edu space. - You will maintain an intense focus on secure and polished software. - You will participate in the continual improvement of engineering tools and processes. - You will participate in architecture and code reviews.
Education & Experience
BS, Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or related field, or equivalent practical experience in data engineering.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.