Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Imagine what you could do here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay team is a rare engineering group within Apple. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. By designing and implementing services that are tightly coupled with hardware, we support the ongoing need to improve security of customer’s sensitive data (financial or otherwise) and privacy. The Apple Pay server team works on a wide range of technologies, including products related to Payments, Identity and Access. Many of our services are seen in the iOS Security Guide and are publicly discussed on Internet forums. Within Apple Pay team, you will collaborate cross functionally with Apple’s iOS Engineering team, NFC team, security team, and external partners to define the next hot feature of Apple Pay.
- 3+ years experience in technologies related to NFC and/or BLE.
- Experience/understanding of security & cryptography such as ECC, AES, DH and Key Management.
- Proven track record of successfully building consensus and driving solutions internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and get cross functional agreement on designs, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Good to have:
- Experience in participating in standards related work, contributing directly or indirectly to work in standards bodies such as NFC-Forum, ISO, EMVco, Bluetooth SIG, and Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Ability to prototype ideas across various platforms, embedded systems and/or servers, to demonstrate feasibility.
- Experience in Payments, Identity and/or Access
- Demonstrated ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies.
- Familiarity with iOS and macOS environments.
Imagine the freedom of a startup with the funding and laser focus of the most valuable company in the world. As a Standards Engineer on the Apple Pay team: * You will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches. * You will get the opportunity to participate in standards development that Apple Pay contributes towards. * You will be able to develop prototypes, both on device and server side, to demonstrate feasibility of ideas. * You will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide range of technologies.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience