Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. The mission of the Data Center Engineering Team is to develop, evaluate, qualify, and support firmware and software for our global data center infrastructure. Join us! We are looking for a team oriented, logical mindset, forward-thinking, self-confident, experienced Software/Firmware Engineer.
- 7+ years of Software and Firmware Development including Networking using Linux, or Embedded RTOS environments
- Experience with information security and associated software and protocols
- Proficient in Python, C++, JSON, shell scripting and protocols SNMP, BACnet, Modbus, and configuration management tools
- Experience with React, Node JS, GO, Docker is desirable
- Knowledge of UDP and TCP protocols including DHCP, SNMP, RSYSLOG, LDAPS, DNS, SSH, HTTPS with knowledge of SSL troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop architectures, requirements, code, review, evaluate, trouble shoot, and test end product
- Experienced in developing test scripts, data acquisition scripts, and ability to analyze data and draw conclusions and results
- Ability to lead, organize, direct and collaborate cross functionally as needed
As a Software and Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for leading software and firmware development, information security compliance, and qualification testing for infrastructure components and equipment used in large data center projects and providing engineering support to the Data Center Operations team after the data center is in production.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science or 5 years of direct related work experience