SoC Platform Power Management Engineering Program Manager
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us in these pursuits and help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate optimally? Come to Apple and work within a dynamic team to deliver innovative technologies to our customers. This is an excellent opportunity to engage in groundbreaking technologies and contribute to new Apple products year after year. Apple has an extraordinary opportunity for an Engineering Program Manager within the Hardware Technology team working at the intersection of SoC's and Platforms. In this role, you will lead and drive programs involving silicon and system debug, validation of state-of-the art, vertically integrated power, performance, and thermal management technologies for Apple’s next generation products. This position is a highly multi-functional, and covers the “post-silicon” phase of the product life cycle - including silicon bring-up preparation, validation, debug, and product MP support.
- Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality program execution and product release.
- Detailed tracking of power/performance/thermal validation to meet critical program schedules.
- Interface and drive system and silicon issue resolution across multi-functional teams: SoC Design and Validation, System Hardware and Software.
- Focus engineering teams on meeting near term work and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with data based decision-making.
- Clear and focused communication of program risks and status, including issue reporting and tracking
• 15+ years of experience in SoC Debug / Validation and exposure to System/SW Integration. • 5+ years of Technical program management / Engineering management experience. • Sophisticated skills in SoC and system validation. • Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to inspire team members with an innate ability to see the bigger picture. • Passion to own and drive project planning and development using well-defined metrics. • Experience working in a high-energy multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management. • Thrive in dynamic schedule driven development environment. • Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions & translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting. • Excellent debugging skills. Proven ability to drive resolution of critical problems. • Excellent communication, negotiation and organization skills. Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
Education & Experience
MS / BS Degree in Computer / Electrical Engineering.