Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we are looking for a passionate Text Search Engineer to help manage the large scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to solve complex enterprise search problems Apple wide. We help Apple teams to efficiently query and retrieve data from Solr and add advanced search features on top of existing Lucene based solutions. This requires building scalable micro services that ingest data and then parse, transform and load into inverted index using Apache Solr. This also entails integrating search to other SQL/NO SQL data stores, queuing and add across data center replication or other object stores. Individual can go to the depths to solve complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you love to solve internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you.
- Experienced Engineer, contributor or committer to SOLR OR elasticsearch OR lucene
- Design, develop and maintain new search functionality
- In depth understanding of SOLR OR elasticsearch OR lucene internals, Data Structures on Disk and in Memory
- Design, develop and improve Open source search APIs and SDKs
- Develop and maintain advanced query rewriting functionality
- Proficient in Java, JVM tuning and Debugging
- Passion to automation and tooling using Python or Java
- Ability to write automated unit test cases for Solr search engine.
- Good in depth understanding of the Linux in term of debugging tools and performance tuning
- AWS, Kube or Dockers exposure is a plus
We are the team provides data stores as a service Apple wide working with iCloud, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Music, AI/ML, etc. This position requires a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on complex tasks. Who has the ability to think out of the box creatively to come up with different technology solutions or architectures to meet business requirement. Please have your resume highlighting the value add done by you in terms of performance, efficiency, business challenges solved in search area.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent 5+ years of professional R&D experience Familiarity with micro services and cloud technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Languages: In depth hands on Java, Python
- Familiarity with micro services and cloud technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Tools: JVM Tuning tools, OS Performance and Debugging