Engineering Program Manager - Interaction Tech
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be a part of the team creating innovative experiences for human interaction with autonomous technology. Apple’s Special Projects Group (SPG) is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Engineering Project Manager to drive cross-functional hardware and software teams to deliver high-quality interaction systems. You will be responsible for managing feature definition, project strategy, plan and execution, and working with mechanical, electrical, software engineers from concept phase to production.
- 5+ years of project management experience on complex engineering projects with tight integration between SW and HW. Hands-on experience managing projects through the entire product life cycle while exemplifying the utmost attention to quality.
- Strong engineering / technical background in related areas, including optical, mechanical, electrical, HW/SW integration, and manufacturing.
- Experience working with suppliers, manufacturers and high volume manufacturing processes, understand development timeline and manufacture lead-time.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills, be able to inspire & challenge engineering team members.
- Self-starter, capable of providing strategic leadership with an eye for detail.
Drive project development; defining scope of work, schedule, and budget. Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks. Lead cross-functional teams and suppliers in design, validation, certification activities. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly, efficiently and effectively. Demonstrate creative and critical thinking skills. Lead technical design reviews; communicating project status and complex engineering issues and resolutions to project team and executives. Manage engineering builds and deliver interaction systems/modules on schedule to meet system integration milestones.
Education & Experience
BS or MS ME/EE/CE or relevant industry experience required.